CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Deepest Fear

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear
is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness,
that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,
talented and fabulous?
Actually who are we not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine as children do.
We were born to make manifest
the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And when we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people
permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.

~Marianne Williamson~

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Poety: A 'Verse' to Ponder

This poem was written in my English class. We have been working on poetry and I had to write a poem using 5 elements of poetry. It includes these: Onomatopoeia, end rhyme (lines ending in rhymes), exact rhyme (rhymes that are the same), euphoney (words that sound good together), and caucophony (words that clash). See if you can find them all. The blog doesn't show it, but it has indents and specific lines that I have set. Sorry. Every 7 lines is a stanza.

The Fallen
Clang! The clash of axe on sword
echoes 'round.
Death, blood, weeping wails encroach armistice.
Battler falls, cascading piecemeal to gore soaked
Mother Earth.
Shield-maidens come forth, to carry this man,
Valhalla bound.
Thwap! Bow and arrow sing into red men with
screams rolling 'round.
Pride, destruction, deah rattles evulse peace.
Warrior fails, sliding descreetly to carnage emcompassed
Mother Earth.
The Long Journey begins, the path through stars,
Afterworld Bound.
Pow! Gun shots and civilian teror
cry 'round.
Pain, anger, bellowed ukases bombard tranquility.
Soldier subsides, lowered down to shrapnel broken
Mother Earth.
A light begins to glow, St Peter waits at tunnel's end,
Heaven Bound.
This one was written as a sensory poem. It had to include the five senses. Recently, I was learning how to ride a motorcycle and my first day, the only day, and I drove my bike through a chain-link fence. I hurt my back and scared my parents half to death. My dad tells me that the bike was vertical on the vence before it gave way and I went through. But, here is the poem. And this one the stanza is every 4 lines.
The First Ride
There is a tunnel.
Long.
I see the end.
A chain-link fence.
"Clutch! Clutch!"
Mom screams to me.
Does not register.
Now, engine roars in my ears.
I feel the throttle.
It continues to move.
I can't let go.
The tunnel almost comes to and end.
In what sight I have,
Dad runs.
Vroom!! My engine bellows.
I want to stop!
The tunnel ends.
I know nothing.
Grass. Prickly under my fingers.
The green of Spring doesn't penetrate.
A moment only
Before the ain attacks!
All I know is pain.
A creature that tears at my back.
"Daddy!" I scream.
I shriek in agony.
"Daddy!"
Again, the call.
Seconds, decades, centureis, millenia.
How long i wait, I am unsure.
Only seconds have passed.
I can feel him over me.
"It hurts!"
That is all I can say.
His hand runs slowly up my back.
"Where?"
He makes my stand
And I can barely hold me.
She holds me now.
I want to collapse.
Dad picks it up.
The taste of gasoline on the air accosts me.
The front fender is scratched.
The view has unreal clairty.
The tunnel ended.
Grass. Pain. Shrieks.
For only moments,
That was the world I existed in.

0 comments: