CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Deepest Fear

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear
is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness,
that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,
talented and fabulous?
Actually who are we not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine as children do.
We were born to make manifest
the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And when we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people
permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.

~Marianne Williamson~

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Today

I'm not doing much right now. I just ate some milk and cookies. Good stuff.

Last week, I went to a track meet with the junior high, rather than the high school. I am a thrower. But the sad thing is, I suck!!! No joke. I can do the forms but I can't throw worth squat. Oh well.

Sunday, I went to a hair show in Salt Lake City, and we went to the Sexy Hair exhibit. It was very interesting. The hair stylists that got up on stage were scary looking. There was a guy named Rod Sickler and Faye Judson. Both top dogs as Sexy Hair. Rod had an earing, a tattoo, black messy hair, a shirt with a floradaleigh?, and a belt that looked like the kind cowgirls wear. You know, with the major rhinestones on the buckle. How ever, he acted pretty decent.
Faye herself was interesting too. She had to be about 40 at least. She was wearing shiny pleather shoes, the leather looking leggings, a mini skirt that is made of gauze stuff (several layers) and a corsette with an open over shirt and lace fingerless gloves. Her hair is marroon.
Rod gets up on stage and the first thing he does to the model is start cutting the back of her hair. Now, you might say that that doesn't seem so bad. Well, let me describe it to you. He took an ungaurded razor (I think) and with his right hand would fluff up the back of the hair, following through with the razor. And he did it very fast!!! I told my mom never to try that on me!
But, I had fun. They had a dj and a backup dancer for the dj that were both pretty good looking. And then they brought up this guy that had been on American Idol. I have no idea who we was because I don't watch American Idol. And the dj had been on So You Think You Can Dance.

Ta ta for now.

0 comments: