CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Deepest Fear

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear
is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness,
that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,
talented and fabulous?
Actually who are we not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine as children do.
We were born to make manifest
the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And when we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people
permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.

~Marianne Williamson~

Sunday, June 7, 2009

My Yesterday

Ok, so Friday Night, my parents and another couple in the ward went to the Manti Temple. I was board out of my mind. My sister called and wanted to know if my parents would like to go the next morning. I said that since it was such a spiritualy, wonderous, enhancing experience that they would love to go. I had no drive to do anything. The most ambitious I got was to make some shrimp ramen. Exciting right?
The next day, I got up and went with, even though I can't go in the Temple. I sat in the car for about 3 1/2 hours. A normal session lasts about 2 hours from the time they go in to the time they coume out. So, after, we went to lunch. When we got there, I still had to wait for them go change before we could even go in.
I started this: "Just keep waiting, just keep waiting, just keep waiting. What do we do? We wait." Tells ya how board I was.
When I got home, I did the following: mowed the lawn, vacumed and straightend the living room, cleared the table, swept the floor, did the dishes, and then dried and put the dishes away. By the way, we don't have a dish washer. We do it by hand. I don't know what came over me, but my parents were nicely surprised. Cleaning that much without being told or asked is amazing!
Today, I cooked dinner, and am now waiting some more for my parents to come home. They went to take dishes back to those who brought food when my Grandma died. I think they just got home though.

1 comments:

Andrea, Mrs. said...

McKayla--I'm so glad that you did those things for the parents. Especially now that Mom is so sad. You did good.

And Mark and I were so glad to see you on Saturday. We love you!!!!!!