CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Deepest Fear

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear
is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness,
that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,
talented and fabulous?
Actually who are we not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine as children do.
We were born to make manifest
the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And when we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people
permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.

~Marianne Williamson~

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

BABY!!!!!!!

I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!!!! My friend, Elva, has just got a new baby sister!! I just called the grandparents house to see how they were doing and he said that they had a little girl. He said he thinks it is six pounds and nine ounces!! And that mother and baby are doing just fine. I love a happy ending.
This morning we come into band, I do marching band, and my one friend finds a note on her chair that says her mother has gone into labor. So that is how I found out that she was in labor. We were so excited for them. Babies are so cute and fragile, it is almost heartwrenching, and I'm not even the mother. Just imagine how she feels.
I can't remember what her name is. Elva told me that they decided on a name about two weeks ago. It starts with a T. It is this name thing that they have. All their childrens names starts with a T. (Keep in mind that Elva is a code name, and NO I will not divulge her real name!) Anyway, they had this child several years back, whose name was Cash, but unfortunatly he died, leaving either three or two other kids behind. One might not have been born. But that is beside the point. What I am getting at is that his name did not fit into the whole T thing. But the name is really cute anyways. The dad was really fighting against the T thing and kept making fun of anyone who brought it up. But I told him that he did not want to have a whole three kids with a T name and one who did not. It would have made her feel left out. I know, I don't have a middle name and my four siblings do. Makes me so mad sometimes. Ah well.
So, once again, I AM SOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR ELVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She deserves a little sister. She only has two little brothers who treat her really bad. As in, Chase Her Around the House With A Knife Bad!!! But she finally has a little sister. Yay for her.
Now that I come to think about it, they probably be as different as night and day. My sister and I are. My sister is fifteen years older than me, which is pretty close to the distance that Elva and her sister are. My sister is organized, clean, tall, and when she was in junior high was not very outgoing. Whereas, I am messy!, a few inches shorter that her, and have lots of friends, and can make a friend in about a day, given the chance. But my sister is not bad, were just different, and we love each other all the same, even if there are times when I would like to strangle her or pull her hair 'till she screams sometimes. Let's hope they have a relationship like ours.

2 comments:

Andrea, Mrs. said...

Goober.

I love you.

Laurel said...

I am so happy for her!!! Now if only I could get a baby sister :)