CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Deepest Fear

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear
is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness,
that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,
talented and fabulous?
Actually who are we not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine as children do.
We were born to make manifest
the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And when we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people
permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.

~Marianne Williamson~

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sorry I have missed lately.

So, as you have been missing on updating my blog lately, so here goes.
I am sitting here letting my mom do my hair for the dance tonight. I am going to the local tri-stake dance. I am doing the floor show which is like promenade.
Last week was havoc. First, I went to S.L.C. with the marching band Wednesday. We went Boondocks and I did go-carts for the first time ever. I also lost half of my tonail. Sad huh? I was playing lazer tag and I got out and look down at my toe and half of it was missing. My toe was covered in part by blood. It hurt, but I am used to it. I do it all the time in the summer.
Then, we went swimming when we got to the hotel. That was fun. I got to play water voleyball with my friends. The next morning, we got up and marched in the Days of 47 Parade. A huge honor if you were wondering. After we got done there, we went to Lagoon. Ihave only been there once before and that was with the marching band too. My dad picked me up from there and we went and stayed at my sister's house. The next morning, we got up at 4:30 to hike to the top of Mt. Timpanogos with my uncle. There was a group of five of us. Myself, my dad, sister, cousin and uncle. My dad and I stayed at the saddle just below the top and took a nap. I never thought that rock would be comfy, but I am living proof that stone is comfortable. My feet hurt so bad when we got to the bottom I could barely walk. It was bad man, I am telling you. Then I had to go home and shower really fast so I could go to dinner with my brother, who drove up from Cedar City, and my sister. Plus their two spouses. (one each) We went to Tucanos Brazillian Grill. Not a place that I would take the kids, but deffinetly a place I love. They let you go to the buffet. Then, they would bring around all these different kinds of meats. Top serloin, chicken hearts, fillette minion, bacon wraped turkey, which I didn't try. And so many other kinds. No way could I have picked a better place to eat after a long hike. DANG IT WAS GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!
The next morning wasn't so frantic. We got up and went to our family reuion. I got up at seven, poked my head out of the room I was sleeping in, went back to bed for an hour, and then got up. I had breakfast, got dressed, and went to the park where we had the reunion. I had so much fun. We had a waterballoon fight, and then a sofball game. I have decided that sofball really isn't my thing. Not that I don't enjoy it, I am just not good at it. And I supose that it would have helped if my parents had gotten me into it when I was little. We do have a local league. But then again, I didn't really show an interest for sports. So it is just as much my fault. But that is beside the piont. I had fun. And that is what matters.

2 comments:

Laurel said...

:) I missed you today at the parade!!!!!!!!!!!! Where were you???

Yes you were right the Days of '47 was a blast and water volleyball was fun. Getting up early was not fun , but stealing all of Landon's and Darin's grapes was fun :) hehehe :)
ily

Andrea, Mrs. said...

I think I damaged my knee. It wasn't very good to start out with, but, it still hasn't recovered. And you should see my black toenails. My toes are BRUISED! So weird.....