CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Deepest Fear

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear
is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness,
that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,
talented and fabulous?
Actually who are we not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine as children do.
We were born to make manifest
the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And when we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people
permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.

~Marianne Williamson~

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Girls Camp

I just got back from girls camp. We went up on Ferron Mt. We stayed on the road that leads to a reservoir named Duck Fork. I had such a good time. I love camping, except for the bugs. And my dirty fingernails. But other than that, I don't care about much. I love to be in the middle of a place that I don't have to worry about smog, or unclean air. Up there you don't even think about other places that you want to be. I learned a few things too. Like, I found out that there are more than one type of Honey Suckle. There is a little red one, and a big white one.
We had some drama, though. At one point, the girls decided to play steal the flag, which I didn't join in with, and the one team had most of the other team out. The girls were starting to get tired of being in jail, and some of them started to walk off. Elva told them that they needed to stay. It turned into a really bad joke. Some of the girls started to freak out. I was sitting in camp having a nice conversation, and one girl comes running t hrough camp crying. Another two walk off into the woods. One girl stood on a cliff and was threatening to jump. I don't know how true that is, because another girl comes walking up from talking to them crying and saying that they wanted to go home. But the whole thing was just a bad joke. If you are out, you are out. You don't need to flip out like that.
Some of the girls acted like two year olds. They would wine and do the whole pretend crying thing, and I would let them have it. I would tell them that I did not want to hear and I told them to stop.
Well, that is my basic schpeal. Goodbye.

0 comments: