CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Deepest Fear

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear
is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness,
that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,
talented and fabulous?
Actually who are we not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine as children do.
We were born to make manifest
the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And when we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people
permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.

~Marianne Williamson~

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Past Two Days

The past two days have been a blast.
Yesterday, we went on a one day ride. (motorcycles) We call it the Boulder Loop. We started in Ferron, go down through Loa, Escalante, over the Boulder Mountains, to Torrey, and then back up to Loa, and home to Ferron. We also passed through, I THINK the northern border of Bryce Canyon. I know it was some for out edge of it, but not sure which direction.
I rode with a dude who loves to speed, but doesn't go too fast. He would go faster if he could. Coming from Loa, he had fun going around the turns. He has a Harley Ultra-Glide. A really nice bike. Any way, he took that bike around those turns like they were nothing. I had fun. My only problem the whole trip was that my knees were getting tired, and the weather was never constant. I would put on a coat, and it would get really warm. I strip the coat, and it gets chilly.
We stopped in Torrey, and I got a really cool pair of sunglasses, and I tried to put them on, and they broke. I was so ticked! They were the kind that have the frame that runs across the top, and the lenses are angular. The frame was a dusty red. They were the coolest sunglasses ever. Anyway, I took them and they let me trade for a pair that have full frames. Entirely black. And they have padding on the inside. I like them. But not as much as the red ones. So Sad.
And today, I went to get my bottom braces off!!!!! They put the retainer on the inside of my teeth. I am still trying to get used to it. It feels really weird. I don't have much room to put my tongue between my top and my bottom retainers.
And then tonight, I went to a thing that my stake (LDS Church) is doing. We are having a tri-stake dance, and each stake is suppose to put on a floor show, like at prom. And my partner and I am not doing so well. And it doesn't help that I am going to girls camp tomorrow so I have to miss practice Thursday.
But now I am here, and I am taking a brake. My parents aren't here to make me do something completely pointless.
AND ON TOP OF ALL THAT I have a sore toe. There is some kind of infection in my left big toe. It has hurt all day. I have limped everywhere I go. But I am not letting my mom get hold of it. I am afraid to touch it, let alone my mom. Ah well.

2 comments:

Laurel said...

owe! I hope your toe feels better :) Tonight for mutual we are doing ball room dances, but we have to not let the boys know cause other wise they wont come :P So you are going to be at the dance? Can't wait to see you :)

Andrea, Mrs. said...

Yuck. You better have Mom look at it--or it might get worse.

I hope you have fun at Girl's Camp! I love you.