CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Our Deepest Fear

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear
is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness,
that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,
talented and fabulous?
Actually who are we not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine as children do.
We were born to make manifest
the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And when we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people
permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.

~Marianne Williamson~

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Last Night

I had one of the worst dreams of all time!! First, my parents weren't living together. So my siblings had to drive me to meet him at the nursing home. On the way, my sister and I got into this HUGE, HUGE, HUGE fight. I don't even remember what it was about. My sister and I get into is sometimes, but never like this. AND, all my siblings were ganging up on me, too. But that is not that unusual. Then, the next morning was the family reunion. My family was having a discussion. I was still so mad at my sister. So, we get together, the whole family, not just mine. After we eat, we go out shooting. I don't know why. My aunt is wearing camouflage and I am just following behind her. Then, suddenly, we are on my dads bike. He has a Honda Goldwing. It is his baby. Anway, we are speeding through some beautiful county. There were all sorts of animals. It was amazing. Then, suddenly, there is a wolf beside the road. (This is where it gets bad.) It jumps onto the bike, but it over jumps. It lands on my lap, then flies off. It had come from the right first, and now that it was on the other side, it jumps from there. This time, it completely over jumps and flies right in front of my face. The third time, it comes from the left. And it lands on the front of the bike, in front of my aunt. It then precedes to jump over her and attack me. It grabs onto my neck on the left side. My aunt lays the bike down to get it off me. (To lay a bike down, you crash it.) The stupid thing is still clinging onto my neck though. I can feel it get scraped on road as we fall off the bike. I was so scared, and I could feel the wolf's teeth in my neck, and I could taste blood in my mouth. I was fading, as in, dying. It scared me to death, in the dream. But that was when I woke up.
I could almost still feel the bite marks in my neck. I have never had a dream where I almost died. NEVER! I've had some scary dreams, but this is at the top of the list. Oh, this particular aunt does not exist. She was tall, with bleached white, very short hair. Also, she was a little tough. Mean wise. And I don't have any aunts that ride bikes, let alone my dads. Also, the dad that I was supposed to meet was not the same as my real dad. He was tall muscular, and rather handsome. Not that my dad isn't, it is just that he was about 15 years younger. And he had a lot of hair. My dad has plenty of hair, but not in that way people wear it nowadays. Also, my sister was the only sibling that looked like my sibling. The others were little men, in white shirts and Thick rimmed glasses. None of my brothers dress like that. NONE. Not to mention that we were sitting in a smallish beat up red car. No on in my family owns a car like that.
The whole dream was just straight up weird and scary.

2 comments:

Andrea, Mrs. said...

You're right--that is weird. You must be weird. Oh wait, I already knew that.

Do you need a hug? *hug*

I love you.

Laurel said...

Ummmmm.......... McKayla? Holy cow your sister is right you are weird :)

The bike scene reminds me of a scene in The Lost World. Kelly and Sarah are on a motorcycle and are chasing a Raptor. The Raptor turns around and starts attacking them they fall of the bike and the Raptor tries to eat the girl Kelly. But then Sarah kills it.
So yeah :)

I love you :)